[Insight-developers] Warnings on gelas.megason-lab.hms

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue May 19 11:20:36 EDT 2009

On 5/18/09 11:15 AM, Arnaud Gelas said:

>You're right, this is one of my machine. I can remove -Wshadow flag (no
>problem, will be done for next nightly build)!
>Note I have been asked couple of days ago to add these following flags
>for compilation:
>
>-Wall -Wextra -Wformat=2 -Wno-format-nonliteral -Wunused
>-Wpointer-arith -Winvalid-pch -Wcast-align -Wdisabled-optimization
>-Woverloaded-virtual -Wshadow -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-null-sentinel

Looks like you may have taken those from our dashboards (great!).  -
Wshadow does indeed cause warnings in some of the 3rdParty code,
however, that code is all C.  We therefore removed -Wshadow from our
CFLAGS but kept it on our CXX_FLAGS and there are no warnings in that
case.  You could do the same.

>I had to add -funit-at-a-time to remove error messages from gcc...

I've never ever needed to add that flag with anything I build (just
learned about it now actually).  But of course we probably use different
gccs on different platforms.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com