[Insight-developers] Moving Insight Journal Paper 176

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Sat May 16 05:50:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

Maybe we should also begin to talk about the attribute names used in
ShapeLabelObject and StatisticsLabelObject. I think there are some
improvements to make on that side. For example, the Region attribute
may be better described as BoundingBox.
Also, some attributes may not be that useful, and be there for
historical reason. It seem to be a good time to clean things.
Here are the attributes listed in those classes, with some annotations:

ShapeLabelObject:

Size
PhysicalSize
RegionElongation --> useless ?
SizeRegionRatio --> useless ?
Centroid
Region  --> BoundingBox
SizeOnBorder
PhysicalSizeOnBorder
FeretDiameter
BinaryPrincipalMoments  --> PrincipalMoments
BinaryPrincipalAxes  --> PrincipalAxes
BinaryElongation  --> Elongation
Perimeter
Roundness
EquivalentRadius
EquivalentPerimeter
EquivalentEllipsoidSize
BinaryFlatness  --> Flatness

StatisticsLabelObject

Minimum
Maximum
Mean
Sum
Sigma  --> StandardDeviation
Variance
Median
MaximumIndex
MinimumIndex
CenterOfGravity  --> WeightedCentroid
PrincipalMoments  --> WeightedPrincipalMoments
PrincipalAxes  --> WeightedPrincipalAxes
Kurtosis
Skewness
Elongation  --> WeightedPrincipalAxes
Histogram
Flatness  --> WeightedPrincipalAxes

And some are missing from itkLabelGeometryImageFilter - it seems to be
a good time to talk about that too :-)

Gaëtan