[Insight-developers] Mattes MI bug related to number of threads

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 1 16:37:20 EDT 2009

FYI,

We have found that the multi-threaded version of
the Mattes Mutual Information metric in the
Insight/Code/Review directory is producing different
results depending on the number of threads used
for running it.

This has been logged as a bug:

In order to solve this, we have started by adding
a test that explicitly evaluates the metric and its
derivative using different number of threads.

This new test is in:

Insight/Testing/Code/Review/
itkOptMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricThreadsTest1.cxx

The test is currently seg.faulting...
and we are working on it fixing that aspect of it.