[Insight-developers] memory management in ITK for 3D registration

kevin cavin beibeiwen2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 08:16:17 EDT 2009

Hi, Guys:

    I am trying use ITK to register 3D volume. I noticed that when my slice numbers reach certain level, the error comes up as "cound not allocate memory ". I am wondering whether there are means to solve this

  So far the solution I have in mind

1 decrease the image region of interest
2  delete object not using any more
3 add more RAM in computer

    Since I am using python, there are some routine I can not use to diagnosis the probem such as itkMemory Probe.

   By the way , for 3D registration, is it necessary that moving images should have more slices than fixed images. Thanks !

Kind regards

Wen