[Insight-developers] [Insight-users] Endian and Apple Universal Binaries Problems

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 9 13:47:02 EDT 2008

Are there any apples on the dashboard that are built using cross
compilation and then emulation of the other architecture? I can't seem
to find one. It would have to be a INTEL that emulated PPC during
execution.

I have been building itk as a universal for years. I use xgrid to
batch out processing to some machines, never had a problem with the
file IO types I was using. I am now writing my own IO and noticed it
was wrong. I have a couple of mini's from NLM on the dashboard too,
manly for Xcode, but I could add one building the "ppc" architecture
if this is not covered already.

Brad

On Oct 9, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

> Brad,
>
> Glad to hear it.  ITK can be built as a 4-way universal binary, and in
> fact our dashboards to that every night.  We have not seen any bugs
> recently related to building as universal, but of course ITK is big
> and
> we only use part of it.  Please let us know if you find problems.
>

> On 10/9/08 12:11 PM, Bradley Lowekamp said:
>
>> Opps, I was building against an older version of ITK, and seems to
>> addressed in 3.6.0.
>>
>> On Oct 9, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I have noticed that for apple universal binaries the bye endian is
>>> not correct. I also see that slicer does not have universal binaries
>>> (likely related). In matis, I don't see any bug information for this
>>> issue either.
>>>
>>> Is this a know__N__ problem?

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for