[Insight-developers] Test framework

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:21:06 EST 2008

Hans,

I think your view is very developer-oriented, not customer-oriented.
That's OK, I respect your opinion.

As an academic your priorities may be different than those of a
company that must support products on a large number of platforms. I
understand that some day, new algortihms that can only be implemented
with particular c++ features will require an upgrade.

I would be willing to look at the new code you mentioned that can only
be implemented with partial specializtion. In the past, the use of
such code is not necessarily a requirement to implement an algorithm.
However, I do admit, that in the case of the new gdcm, that parial
specialization is so prevalent that partial specialization cannot be
removed. Personally, I think that is unfortunate since reading dicom
files does not necessarily req