[Insight-developers] Re: WrapITK : ImageCompare ..

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Sep 8 16:22:15 EDT 2006

Le Fri, 08 Sep 2006 22:10:49 +0200, Karthik Krishnan
<Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com> a écrit:

> Gaetan Lehmann wrote:
>
>> i Karthik,
>>
>> Le Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:44:43 +0200, Karthik Krishnan  <Karthik.Krishnan
>> at kitware.com
>> <http://www.itk.org/mailman/listinfo/insight-developers>> a écrit:
>>
>>> / Also, why do I get a cache variable for IMAGE_COMPARE when I build
>>> ITK
>>
>> />/ and where do I get this executable from ?  The code, I can see is in
>> />/ Code/IO and the executable should can be specified internally. Is
>> this
>> />/ to handle paths for multi-configuration build systems like
>> />/ Windows/XCode, which determine the executable path at build time ?
>> There
>> />/ is a workaround for that. Let me know.
>> /
>> I have added it to be sure to use the version built with ITK for the
>> tests, while still being able to build WrapITK outside ITK. If there is
>> a  better way to do that, please fix :-)
>> I didn't thought to multi-configurations case, and even think that
>> this  var will be wrong in that case.
>>
> This is a hard one to fix..  Brad ??
>
> I can't configure ITK right now with WrapITK ON cause it complains that
> IMAGE_COMPARE executable is not found..

My multi-configuration build with Xcode has just completed. I'm surprised
it is stopping your build :-/

> Of course, ImageCompare.cxx its within the sources, and even if we did
> build it within ITK, we'd have to pass the right executable path to your
> test driver.. This isn't an issue on Linux, but on multi-configuration
> builds like Windows/Xcode, which determine the executable path at build
> time, you can do that from C++ code :
>
> int testdriver() {
>  std::string  =
> itksys::SystemTools::ConvertToOutputPath(ImageCompareExecutableIn);
> #if defined(_WIN32) && defined(CMAKE_INTDIR)
>  itksys::SystemTools::ReplaceString(ImageCompareExecutable, "$(OutDir)",
> CMAKE_INTDIR);
> #endif
> }
>
> ---------------------------
>
> Now in your case, you have a tcl/Python (
> http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Wrapping/WrapITK/Tcl/Tests/tclTestDriver.tcl.in?annotate=1.1&root=Insight
> ) test driver, not a cxx test driver .... That isn't even compiled... So
> I have no idea how to determine a path that's determined only at build
> time.
>
> Any way you can drive that test from a Cxx code ?

I'm replacing it with a cxx code - see itkTestDriver.cxx. It's already
done for python and will come soon for java and tcl.

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann