[Insight-developers] Re: WrapITK : ImageCompare ..

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Sep 8 16:10:49 EDT 2006

Gaetan Lehmann wrote:

> i Karthik,
>
> Le Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:44:43 +0200, Karthik Krishnan
> <Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
>
>> / Also, why do I get a cache variable for IMAGE_COMPARE when I build ITK
>
> />/ and where do I get this executable from ?  The code, I can see is in
> />/ Code/IO and the executable should can be specified internally. Is
> this
> />/ to handle paths for multi-configuration build systems like
> />/ Windows/XCode, which determine the executable path at build time ?
> There
> />/ is a workaround for that. Let me know.
> /
> I have added it to be sure to use the version built with ITK for the
> tests, while still being able to build WrapITK outside ITK. If there
> is a  better way to do that, please fix :-)
> I didn't thought to multi-configurations case, and even think that
> this  var will be wrong in that case.

This is a hard one to fix..  Brad ??

I can't configure ITK right now with WrapITK ON cause it complains that
IMAGE_COMPARE executable is not found..

Of course, ImageCompare.cxx its within the sources, and even if we did
build it within ITK, we'd have to pass the right executable path to your
test driver.. This isn't an issue on Linux, but on multi-configuration
builds like Windows/Xcode, which determine the executable path at build
time, you can do that from C++ code :

int testdriver() {
 std::string  =
itksys::SystemTools::ConvertToOutputPath(ImageCompareExecutableIn);
#if defined(_WIN32) && defined(CMAKE_INTDIR)
 itksys::SystemTools::ReplaceString(ImageCompareExecutable, "$(OutDir)",
CMAKE_INTDIR);
#endif
}

Now in your case, you have a tcl/Python (
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Wrapping/WrapITK/Tcl/Tests/tclTestDriver.tcl.in?annotate=1.1&root=Insight
) test driver, not a cxx test driver .... That isn't even compiled... So
I have no idea how to determine a path that's determined only at build
time.

Any way you can drive that test from a Cxx code ?

Thanks
-karthik