[Insight-developers] Associate editors: Any success with assignedreviewers ?

Nick Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:06:20 EDT 2006

I believe it's done for other journals, and this is only a suggestion,
but perhaps the editor can maintain an internal list of potential
reviewers who have been previously requested to submit a review.
Associated with such a list could be some sort of cumulative score,
given by the coordinating associate editors, indicative of the
reviewers performance (e.g. promptness, thoroughness, number of
acceptances versus number of declines).  I know there is something
similar already in place but perhaps additional information specific
to the journal review process could be included in the current
reviewer scoring scheme.  This might facilitate the review
coordinating process.

Nick