[Insight-developers] Re: [Fwd: Re: itkImage]

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Mar 13 11:55:11 EST 2006

> Hello Master Luis,
>
> That is exactly what I was talking about,
>
> If I recall Bill was the one who agreed with me and said that the origin
> should be rotated! (check e-mail archives),

Leila,

	If you follow that exact same thread, you'll see that Bill also agree
on the fact that this is wrong. Gordon Kindlmann pointed out in the
DICOM reference that the Direction Cosines should *not* be applied to
the origin.

	For more info, see PS3.3. C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position and Image
Orientation. (~p275 in 2004 edition).

>>>OK, I will investigate this further with a DICOM expert,
>>>
>>>but it would be awful if different image formats had different methods
>>>of calculating voxel -- world based on direction cosines!

This I don't know.

HTH,
Mathieu