[Insight-developers] ImageFileReader and VectorImage

Vincent A. Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Sun Mar 12 10:54:41 EST 2006

Gaetan,

I have been able to use the NRRD format to read and write Vector Images.
I cannot comment on the other file formats since I have not given them a
try. Using the NRRD format, I have been able to read in a vector image
extract a channel and then write out the single channel image.

Vince

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 09:15, Gaetan Lehmann wrote:
> Karthik, Mathieu,
>
> I'm currently trying to use read files with several channels with VectorImage.
> As said in the review of the "Zeiss (LSM) file format support" article, I'm
> still not able to read lsm files with more than one channel.
> Also, I'm not able to read correctly a tif file with more than 3 channels -
> channels 0, 1 and 2 are correct, but the ones above are black. The
> ImageFileWriter works without problem with more than 3 channels.
>
> Is there a file format which support correctly several channels ? Currently,
> I'm not able to write a working test for a filter to extract a channel from a
> VectorImage.
>
> Gaetan

Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology