[Insight-developers] 3D skeletonization

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Mar 7 10:50:34 EST 2006

Luis,

This new filter should operate on binary images, and so, we must decide
what is a binary object in ITK. See my previous mail on that subject.
There is just to make a choice.

Justin,

I would be happy to help if you need so - it's nice to have more and more
morphological filters in ITK :-)

Gaetan

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:10:05 +0100, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> You may want to take a look at the Mathematical Morphology
> filters available in ITK:
>
> http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/group__MathematicalMorphologyImageFilters.html
>

> A description of these classes can be found in the ITK Software Guide:
>
>       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
>

> You may also want to look at the recent paper to the Insight Journal
> regarding a fast implementation of a Distance Transform:
>

> http://hdl.handle.net/1926/171
> http://www.insightsoftwareconsortium.org/InsightJournal/view_reviews.php?back=publications.php%3Fjournalid%3D4%26order%3D%26revision_display%3D&pubid=77
>

>     Regards,
>

>        Luis
>

> ---------------
> Justin wrote:
>> Hi Luis:
>>  I will work on the topic for my course project. I would be happy to
>> add it to ITK after it is done. Can I use any related class for my
>> implementation, or I have to implement from the beginning? Could you
>> give me any direction for the start?
>>  Thanks,
>>  Justin
>>  */Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>/* wrote:
>>       Hi Justin,
>>      We don't have any skeletonization filter in ITK at this point.
>>      If anyone is willing to contribute an implementation we will
>>     be happy to add it to the toolkit.
>>      The appropriate mechanism will be to submit a paper to the
>>     Insight Journal.
>>       Regards,
>>       Luis
>>       -------------
>>     Justin wrote:
>>      > Does anybody provide me some information about 3D skeletonization
>>      > Classes ! in ITK?
>>      >
>>      > Do we have such classes or related?
>>      >
>>      > Thanks,
>>      >
>>      > Justin
>>      >
>>      >
>>      >
>>      > Brings words and photos together (easily) with
>>      > PhotoMail
>>      >
>>      > - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.
>>      >
>>      >
>>      >

Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr