[Insight-developers] 3D skeletonization

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 7 10:10:05 EST 2006

Hi Justin,

You may want to take a look at the Mathematical Morphology
filters available in ITK:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/group__MathematicalMorphologyImageFilters.html

A description of these classes can be found in the ITK Software Guide:

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

You may also want to look at the recent paper to the Insight Journal
regarding a fast implementation of a Distance Transform:

http://hdl.handle.net/1926/171
http://www.insightsoftwareconsortium.org/InsightJournal/view_reviews.php?back=publications.php%3Fjournalid%3D4%26order%3D%26revision_display%3D&pubid=77

    Regards,

       Luis