[Insight-developers] Should the itkTclAppInit function be split out of itkTclAppInit.cxx?

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Mar 6 11:24:43 EST 2006

Kent,

I'm not sure how to say that in english without seem too much insistent,
but if you plan to modify the itk tcl code, you should really do it on
WrapITK, or we will have to port your work from old ITK wrapper, which is
quite useless IMHO.
WrapITK is a *BIG* improvement for all languages compared to the old
wrappers, so there is no reason to continue to develop the old ones. If
some improvements can be done for tcl, they should really be done there.

Luis, only to have an idea of what will happen, do you want to keep the
wrapping system in ITK tree once WrapITK will be published to the insight
journal ?

Regards,

Gaetan

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:30:10 +0100, Kent Williams
<kent at psychiatry.uiowa.edu> wrote:

> So if, for the sake of argument, you wanted to roll your own Tcl/Tk/Itk
> etc Tcl interpreter executable.  The way you have to do this currently
> is copy the itkTclAppInit.cxx file and customize the main() function to
> add your other initializations.
>
> It seems to me a better 'plug and play' system would be to move
> itkTclAppInit into its own source file, separate from the main() for
> itkwish.  That way, you can reference that function in your own program,
> without copying and modifying ITK source.
>
> Or is there a better way? Can ITK be loaded into a 'vanilla' wish or
> tkwish with 'package require'?

Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr