[Insight-developers] Problems with itkGDCMSeriesFileNames/GDCM

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Jul 3 10:36:15 EDT 2006

Peter Cech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got problems with itkGDCMSeriesFileNames - it does not recognise
> my DICOM series (bug #3475) I have I put the series at
> http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~pcech/bugreports/ITK_GDCM-20060703/
> You can use DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2 example to test it.
>
> After turning debugging on for GDCM, this message repeats for every
> file:
>
> Warning: In /scratch/from_cvs/ITK/Insight/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmFile.cxx, line 307, function virtual bool gdcm::File::I
> sReadable()
> Pixel Dicom Element 7fe0|10not found

oh that's bad...it means there is no Pixel Data :-P
I'll look into the problem, thanks for report and dataset.

> Using PrintFile from GDCM on the files worked without problems (in all
> of CVS HEAD, CVS branch Version1_2 and Version1_3).

How about DicomImageReadPrintTags ?

> I tried to compile ITK with USE_SYSTEM_GDCM=ON, but the compilation
> failed with both cvs checkouts of Version1_2 and Version1_3. What GDCM
> version can be used as "system" one with current ITK?

We are internally using this new feature. Version1_3 will definitely not
work since the API was changed in a non-backward compatible way. But
Version1_2 should work, could you send the error log ?

Thanks
Mathieu