[Insight-developers] Problems with itkGDCMSeriesFileNames/GDCM

Peter Cech pcech at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 3 10:12:25 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've got problems with itkGDCMSeriesFileNames - it does not recognise
my DICOM series (bug #3475) I have I put the series at
http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~pcech/bugreports/ITK_GDCM-20060703/
You can use DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2 example to test it.

After turning debugging on for GDCM, this message repeats for every
file:

Warning: In /scratch/from_cvs/ITK/Insight/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmFile.cxx, line 307, function virtual bool gdcm::File::I
sReadable()
Pixel Dicom Element 7fe0|10not found

Using PrintFile from GDCM on the files worked without problems (in all
of CVS HEAD, CVS branch Version1_2 and Version1_3).

I tried to compile ITK with USE_SYSTEM_GDCM=ON, but the compilation
failed with both cvs checkouts of Version1_2 and Version1_3. What GDCM
version can be used as "system" one with current ITK?

Any clues what went wrong?

Regards,
Peter Cech