[Insight-developers] Re: integrating the new algorithms for existing filters in ITK (preparing ITK 3.2)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 11 18:16:03 EST 2006

Hi Gaetan,

          Your timing is perfect!

During the last two weekly tcons we have been talking about
selecting the IJ papers that will be moved into ITK 3.2:

     http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Agenda%26Status_120806
     http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Agenda%26Status_120106

We plan to select this list on this Friday's tcon (December 15th).

In preparation for this selection, Julien has created a
full list of the papers in the Insight Journal.

The list is available at:

http://www.insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/admin_publications_toolkits.php?back=index.php

What we will do on Friday (Dec 15th) is to sort this list based on
the ratings of the papers and on the impact that they will have in
the users' community.  We plan to select around 10 papers to be moved
between now and January 30th according to the release schedule of
ITK 3.2:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_Schedule#Release_3.2_Schedule

Please note that the code must be moved first into the directories:

            Insight/Code/Review

and

            Insight/Testing/Code/Review

No code should be committed outside of these two directories.

The code will stay there during one release cycle. That is, in
ITK 3.2 this code will still be inside Code/Review.

While the code is there we will do the following:

   1) Refactor the API to match the rest of the toolkit
   2) Review and fix the coding style
   3) Process the copyright transfer letters
   4) Test the portability to multiple platforms

Between release ITK 3.2 and 3.4, the code from Code/Review will
be moved to its final destination directory inside the toolkit,
or it will be discarded. Simultaneously, we will move into the
Review directory about 10 new papers from the Insight Journal,
that will be released with ITK 3.4.

If you have a chance, please take a look at list that Julien put
together and list the papers that you see have already enough
reviews and that, in your opinion, will be very useful if put
in the toolkit. It will be great if you can participate on the
tcon this Friday, but if not, at least, we will appreciate to
have your list of suggested papers to integrate in ITK 3.2.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

    Thanks

      Luis