[Insight-developers] integrating the new algorithms for existing filters in ITK

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Dec 11 06:27:17 EST 2006

Hi Luis,

The new connected component and morphological reconstruction filters done
by Richard are ready for a long time now, and work very well.

The reconstruction filters are a lot faster, and much important, are a lot
more efficient concerning memory usage.

The connected component is a lot more efficient, gives consecutive labels,
and is able to label an image containing 255 objects with a 8 bit pixel
type - the current filter nearly always fail in that case. This last
feature let the user decrease the memory usage, which is quite important
for me currently.

I have put those filters in my ITK tree (not in the nightly test builds
this time :-) ) and all the tests are ok. Can I put those new algorithms
in the cvs repository ?

Thanks,

Gaetan

--