[Insight-developers] Proposed KernelTransform API Change

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc.edu
Mon Oct 24 12:14:39 EDT 2005

Hi,

We need to talk about this a bit.   We use these classes heavily in
several of our applications.   We have already developed IO methods for
them.

Can you provide more details on what you would like to do?   Where will
the API changes be?   What will be the changes to parameter ordering etc?

Thanks,
Stephen

Vincent A. Magnotta wrote:
> I am looking into making the KernelTransform classes work with the
> Transform I/O mechanism. Currently, these functions only set the source
> landmarks as the parameters. This does not completely specify the
> transform. I would propose that the parameters specify both the source
> and target landmarks. The current approach seems to done to support
> optimizers in the registration process. I have looked and could not find
> any use of this functionality. If anyone has any thoughts on this, feel
> free to let me know. I will make this change by Wednesday unless there
> are objections.
>
> Vince

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Associate Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Associate Professor of Computer Science and Surgery
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward at unc.edu
(919) 966-9695