[Insight-developers] Active shape models

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 9 19:00:47 EDT 2005

Hi Alex,

First of all, be aware that some forms of the Active Shape Models are
patented, so you may be infringing a patent by using those algorithms.

Patenting algorithms, is in practice the most effective way of making
sure that they are *NOT* useful for research.

Note also, that Universities are not exempt from the obligations
imposed by a patent:

    http://www.ladas.com/BULLETINS/2003/MadeyDukeUniversity.html

---

That being said,...

You will find a project for automatic identification of Landmarks that
is under development as part of the efforts of NAMIC. A description of
the project is available in the NAMIC Wiki

http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Engineering:2005_Programming_Week_Results

more specifically at
http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/images/6/67/SlideBlloydnew.ppt

The source code is available at the NAMIC repository:

     http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Engineering:SandBox

Regards,

    Luis