[Insight-developers] Re: Statistics Refactoring : Engineering:SandBox - NAMIC Wiki

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc.edu
Fri Jul 15 15:09:41 EDT 2005

Everyone...meet Raghu.   Raghu...meet everyone. :)

Raghu has also run into difficulty using the statistics framework to
have measurement vectors whos lengths (lenghts) are set at run-time.
This is needed for the neural networks library that he is adding to ITK.

Raghu, Luis and Karthik and Jim have created a version of the statistics
library that removes the requirement that the measurement vector length
be set at compile time (e.g., that length in itkSample is now stored as
an ivar instead of as a value determined from the measurement vector
template argument).

Raghu - maybe you can checkout their version of the library (as detailed
below) and see if it is compatible with your solution.  Or perhaps you
can offer an alternative solution.   Also, I tried to explain the
difficulties you were having with the distance functions, but I didn't
explain it very well.  Perhaps you can clarify to the group.

Thanks!
Stephen