[Insight-developers] InsightApplications & vtkPatented

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:17:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, all:

I've noticed that several applications are using vtkMarchingCubes and
other classes from vtkPatented.  We should not be doing this due to the
licensing problems.

Everyone who wrote an application that links to vtkPatented, please get it
to work with a VTK 4.2 that has VTK_USE_PATENTED turned OFF.  I will
integrate any changes that are needed into InsightApplications.

The following class mappings should help with the conversion:

vtkMarchingCubes -> vtkContourFilter
vtkImageMarchingCubes -> vtkContourFilter
vtkDecimate -> vtkDecimatePro

Thanks,
-Brad