[Insight-developers] itk::Mesh questions.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 14:53:23 -0400

Hi Mark,

I'm affraid there is not a notion of neigborhood vertices (points) in
the Mesh. Since this relationship implicitly commes from the fact of
two vertices being the nodes of a LineCell.

In practical cases in the past I have added (as you mention) VertexCells
to the nodes in order for these VertexCells to hold the connectivity
information. It is not much of an overhead and results in a consistent
topology.

You may want to take a look at the Morphogenesis example. Where
biological cells are simulated in every mesh node, and VertexCells
are used to hold the topology.

Luis