[Insight-developers] STEP 1: REMOVE UNTESTED CODE BY FRIDAY AUGUST 8, 9:00 EST

Jisung Kim bahrahm at yahoo . com
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:14:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

I looked at the list. Among the files colored red or
marked as UNTESTED, I want exemption for several
files.

1. Code/Common/itkIntTypes.h -- this file only has
typedefs.

2. Code/Numerics/Statitsics/itkStatisticsAlgorithm.h
-- this file has only function declaration. no
definition. the .txx file has 97% coverage.

3. Files under the Validation/StatisticalClustering.
-- those files are parts of the validation
applications.

4. Code/Algorithms/itkMRASlabIdentifier.txx -- There
is a test program
(itkMRIBiasFieldCorrectionFilterTest.cxx). I forgot
turning on the flag to use the slab identifier. I just
checked in the change.

Thanks,

http://www . itk . org/Testing/Sites/esopus . crd/SunOS-5 . 7-c++/20030806-0500-Nightly/CoverageByStatus . html

http://www . itk . org/Testing/Sites/esopus . crd/SunOS-5 . 7-c++/Coverage/__Code_BasicFilters_itkParallelSparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter_txx . html
> that shows up as 28% covered but having 1052 lines
> of code
> that have never been exercised.
>
> or the

itkBloxBoundaryPointImageToBloxBoundaryProfileImageFilter

http://www . itk . org/Testing/Sites/esopus . crd/SunOS-5 . 7-c++/Coverage/__Code_BasicFilters_itkBloxBoundaryPointImageToBloxBoundaryProfileImageFilter_txx . html

> Please let us know if you encounter any problem with
> reporting of the red classes,
>

>     Thanks
>

>       Luis
>

> ----------------------
> Damion Shelton wrote:
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > I have a few questions and comments regarding the
> classes on the list
> > I'm responsible for:
> >
> > ---
> >
> > ./­Code/­Common/­itkConditionalConstIterator.h
> >
> > I'm not sure why this is coming up as untested. It
> should be exercised
> > in itkFloodFilledSpatialFunctionTest.cxx, starting
> at line 107. It is
> > the base class for all conditional iterators, and
> they are tested in our
> > code (in the above test and elsewhere) quite
> extensively.
> >
> > ---
> >
> > ./­Code/­Common/­itkSpatialFunction.h
> >
> > Again, we create spatial functions in a number of
> tests.
> >
> > ---
> >
> > ./­Code/­Common/­itkBloxBoundaryPointPixel.h
> > ./­Code/­Common/­itkBloxItem.h
> >
> > These are possibly untested, although I would
> think that they should be
> > covered along with the other Blox code in the four
> Blox tests found in
> > /Testing/Code/BasicFilters
> >
> > ---
> >
> > ./­Code/­Common/­itkConditionalIterator.h
> > ./­Code/­Common/­itkConditionalIterator.txx
> >
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this class is
> now superfluous and
> > can be removed. It was originally the non-const
> version of the
> > conditional iterator tree, but the derivation of
> that code was changed a
> > while back so that non-const versions of the
> iterators derive from the
> > specific const iterator. I.e., the non-const
> version the flood filled
> > iterator never derives from the
> itkConditionalIterator base class. Does
> > this sound correct to anyone?
> >
> > ---

./­Code/­Common/­itkFloodFilledFunctionConditionalIterator.h

./­Code/­Common/­itkFloodFilledFunctionConditionalIterator.txx

> > It's also possible that this code is now
> superfluous, based on the same
> > argument as above.
> >
> > ---

./­Code/­Common/­itkFloodFilledImageFunctionConditionalIterator.txx

> > I didn't write this class, but I assume it's
> important to someone...
> >
> > ---

./­Code/­Common/­itkFloodFilledSpatialFunctionConditionalIterator.txx

> > This class contains no code, only a namespace
> placeholder. I'm assuming
> > there was code there back when  I first wrote it
> that was removed when
> > the conditional iterator stuff was overhauled. If
> that's confusing
> > things, it can probably be removed without
> problems (subject to removing
> > the .txx reference from the .h).
> >
> > -Damion-
> >
> > ---------
> > Damion Shelton
> > Carnegie Mellon University, Robotics Institute
> > A408-o Newell Simon Hall
> > 412.268.3866 (office)
> > 412.818.8829 (cell)
> > http://www . cs . cmu . edu/~beowulf
> > ---------
> > During the Middle Ages, probably one of the
> biggest mistakes was not
> > putting on your armor because you were "just going
> down to the corner."

=====
Jisung Kim
bahrahm at yahoo . com