[Insight-developers] Reply on lists

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:21:37 -0500

I guess I missed the meeting where this was discussed, but it seems
to have been decided that a replies should automatically post
to the list.   I do not think that is a good idea.   I am maintaining about 6 lists,
and am a member of 12 or so lists, and none of those lists have
that feature turned on.    People should be aware when the post to the list, it
avoids embarrassing posts, and junk posts.   You can always do a reply to ALL, and
get to the list.   Another big problem is vacation auto-reply mail programs that
will spam the list each time one of these folks goes on vacation, not just the
person that posted.

-Bill