[Insight-developers] Agenda for meeting..

Will Schroeder will . schroeder at kitware . com
Thu, 30 May 2002 16:33:30 -0400

Hi Folks-

I just had a quick conversation with Terry regarding the Boston agenda. He
suggested that we spend the morning on Thursday reviewing the beta survey
results that Sayan and Lydia have gathered. We also thought about doing a
quick review of the afternoon's materials to make sure they are consistent.
Also, I like Stephen's idea to have the six groups do demos during the
afternoon session. With this in mind, the agenda has a few more items.
Note: the concrete is still soft, make suggestions as you see fit.

Thursday
==========
9:00    Introduction/Administrative

10:00  Survey Results and Discussion

11:00  Coordination of Afternoon Presentation
	- decide on June beta and Version 1.0 release dates, 1.1 release date
	- review/refine materials

12:30  Lunch

  2:00 - 3:00 An Introduction to ITK
     + Introduction
               Goals, objectives, team, relationship ot VHP
               Validation

     + Overview
               Architecture, major design decisions, major subsections
               Use of templates/generic programming
               Image representation
               Mesh Representation

     + Registration Algorithms & Framework
               various algorithms and results

     + Segmentation Algorithms & Framework
               various algorithms and results

     + Future
               Beta Survey Results
               WA5 Actions
               Upcoming releases, etc.

  3:00 - 4:00 Demonstrations
      + Each of the six groups will have 10 minutes to provide a quick demo

  4:00 - 5:00 Developing with ITK
      + Environment
               CMake, DART, Cable

     + Core
               memory management (smart pointers, object factories, etc.)
               events (command/observer)
               Image Processing (Image, iterators, etc.)
               Mesh
               Data flow
               Image IO

5:00 - Meetings with very excited customers over beer

Friday
=====
8:30 - 12:00 WA5 Coordination: prioritized work plan

1:00 - 3:00 ??

Will