[Insight-developers] itk as modules

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc . edu
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 19:16:09 +0200

Hi,  Just FYI...

We are having good success wrapping several itk filters into modules
that fit into the ILab software that has been developed at MeVis.   This
software is running in 10 hospitals in Germany.   MeVis is particularly
interested in the registration methods.   ILab produces very polished
applications - really excellent clinical systems for liver transplant
planning etc.

Right now we are processing complete images, but they use a slice-based
streaming mechanism - we have almost completed grafting their stream
onto itk's.  We all were surprise with how easy this appears to be.

It's been nice to have a first-hand look at itk being (near-term
potentially) useful to a group.

Thanks,
Stephen

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695