[Insight-developers] CMake with ITK, FLTK, VTK on Mac OS.X

Wilson Chang wmcst6+@pitt.edu
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:43:03 -0500

	Damion and I have been working on our cross platform lab research
application which uses FLTK, VTK, and ITK.  We have found that under
Mac OS.X there are a few compiler and linker flags have to be added in
order for projects utilizing these 3 packages together to build.  Under
VTK, someone has already added an option to the CMakeList.txt called
VTK_USE_CARBON, so obviously these are known issues.  Should this be a
more general CMAKE_USE_CARBON option under CMake, rather than a VTK
specific flag?  This option when turned on could add the following
compiler flag:

-framework Carbon

and the following linker flag:

-flat_namespace

We were wondering if CMake could automatically add this option if it
detects that it is running under Mac OS.X, or some other way of being
more automatic.

wilson