[Insight-developers] warning C4530

Mark Foskey mark_foskey@unc.edu
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:56:15 -0500

I'm embarrassed to be sending this kind of problem to the developer's
list, but here goes:

Yesterday, when I went to build Insight for the first time in a while,
I got a whole bunch of messages of the following sort:

-------------------Configuration: VXLNumerics - Win32
RelWithDebInfo--------------------
Compiling...
vnl_matrix_fixed+double.2.3-.cxx
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\istream(547) :
warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not
enabled. Specify -GX
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\ostream(234) :
warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not
enabled. Specify -GX
          C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\ostream(229) : while compiling class-template
member function 'class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > &__thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<ch
ar> >::put(char)'
[Continues for many, many lines of C4530 warnings]

I did not wait for the compilation to finish.

This first happened when I tried to compile with USE_VTK on, which I
hadn't been doing in the past.  I turned it back to OFF and the problem
remained.  My next thing to try is deleting my CMakeCache.txt file and
rerun CMakeSetup, but before I do that I thought I'd give you all a
chance to diagnose the problem.  Nobody here seems to recognize it.

If it helps, the CMakeCache.txt file is at

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~foskey/CMakeCache.txt

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436  Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Lab
mark_foskey@unc.edu            Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC