[Insight-developers] Problems with DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter

Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:53:03 -0400

Hi Josh,

Yes, this is a current defect in our implementation of the
DanielssonDistance filter.

There is a border of 1 pixel all around the image in which the
algorithm cannot be applied due to neighborhood constratints.

At least two options seems to be reasonable here:

1) in the OutputInformation define that the output image will
    be smaller than the input image by a 1-pixel wide border
    and crop the image to remove the 0 value pixels.

2) Try to compute a value of distance for the pixels on the
    border.

Option (1) seems to be more consistent with the algorithm since
it respect the neigborhood relationships in which the distances
are computed.

  Any preferences ?

    Thanks