[Insight-developers] Re: missing ITK functions document

Damion Shelton dmshelto@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:41:43 -0500

Luis's assessment sounds about right to me. SpatialFunctions are a good
starting point but they aren't (and aren't intended to be) a robust
description of global shape.

A few other thoughts...

At the NLM meeting, Luis and I talked about extending
InteriorExteriorSpatialFunctions to include boolean operators; for example,
syntax for a hollow sphere might look like:

itk::InteriorExteriorSpatialFunction hollow = exterior&&(!interior);

This is a post-beta task. There was also discussion, some months ago, about
representing masks as InteriorExteriorSpatialFunctions as well (with
ConditionalIterators as a means of navigating mask-space). If there is
going to be more interest in this sort of thing, it probably merits further
discussion.

-Damion-

--On Tuesday, November 27, 2001 8:54 AM -0500 Will Schroeder