[Insight-developers] itkMRIBiasFieldCorrectionFilter.h

Jisung Kim bahrahm@yahoo.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:49:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

Sorry for my late response. I am back in my home
country for getting the new U.S. visa and have some
trouble to connect to the Internet.

The problem seems to be the same kind of problem that
Damion had with blox image test programs (?) (see july
dev-list archive). If I'm
correct, The cmakelist.txt file in the
Testing/Code/BasicFilters specifies only the
Code/Common directory for inclusion. However, the
itkMRIBiasCorrectionFilter needs
itkOnePlusOneOpimizer,
itkMultivariateLegendrePolynomial,
itkCompositValleyFunction (Code/Numerics)
itkFastRandomUnitNormalVariateGenerator
(Code/Numerics/Statistics), and itkMRASlabIdentifier
(Code/Algorithms).

There were discussions over if the test directories
should include all sub-directories under the Code
directory or not. I think people said that we will
discuss this issue after the beta release.
At that time, Damion said he would temporarily move
everything to the same directory where the blox
image filter(?) is.

I can't think of any quick fix for this problem. One
option would be move everything to the BasicFilters
directory. This approch can fix the problem but I
don't think it's good way to solve the problem.
Since the problem was directly caused by adding the
itkMRIBiasCorrectionFilter.h to the
Testing/Code/BasicFilters/itkBasicFiltersHeaderTest.cxx,
commenting out the include line will hide the problem.

For the discussion, LAPACK has three levels of
routines: driver routines (solve complete problems),
computational routines (perform distinct computational
tasks), and auxiliary routines.
(for more information, please refer to the LAPACK user
guide - http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lug/node22.html)

I think we may define levels for filters according to
their complexity, purpose, and dependency. For
example, BasicFilters directory may only include
general "independent" filters such as LogImageFilter,
and the "AdvancedFilters" directory include more
complex and application-like filters such as
itkMRIBiasCorrectionFilter.

I am also discussing with Luis about this problem to
find a solution. Sorry again and I will try to
response timely manner.

--- Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman@kitware.com> wrote:
> This file seems to be including other files that are
> not checked into cvs.
> If that were fixed, I think we would have at least
> some architectures that
> do not have red on them...
>
> -Bill

=====