[IGSTK-Users] Polaris tracker through USB

steve.berger at istb.unibe.ch steve.berger at istb.unibe.ch
Mon Feb 24 09:54:41 EST 2014

Hi,

I have a question regarding the serial port communication with a Polaris hybrid position sensor.

Basically, the Polaris camera is connected through a RS232-USB adapter and when typing 'lsusb' in terminal, I can see the camera is plugged.

When installing IGSTK, I set IGSTK_SERIAL_PORT_0   to  /dev/ttyUSB0   with ccmake and check the igstkConfigure.h file is correct regarding the IGSTK_SERIAL_PORT_0.

When running the following code:
    serialComm->SetPortNumber(SerialCommunication::PortNumber0);
    serialComm->SetParity(SerialCommunication::NoParity );
    serialComm->SetBaudRate(SerialCommunication::BaudRate115200 );
    serialComm->SetDataBits(SerialCommunication::DataBits8 );
    serialComm->SetStopBits(SerialCommunication::StopBits1 );
    serialComm->SetHardwareHandshake(SerialCommunication::HandshakeOff );
    serialComm->SetCaptureFileName( "RecordedStreamByPolarisTrackerTest.txt" );
    serialComm->SetCapture( true );
    serialComm->OpenCommunication();
    tracker->SetCommunication(serialComm);
    tracker->RequestOpen();

I get the following message print in the logfile:

(CRITICAL) In class SerialCommunicationForPosix No transitions have been defined for current state and input State = 720 [IdleState] Input = 741

(CRITICAL) In class SerialCommunicationForPosix No transitions have been defined for current state and input State = 720 [IdleState] Input = 741

(CRITICAL) In class SerialCommunicationForPosix No transitions have been defined for current state and input State = 720 [IdleState] Input = 739

I am really puzzled and don't know what to to next.

Does anyone already had a similar problem?

What could I do?

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Kind regards,

Steve Berger