[IGSTK-Users] Object Tracking.

Özgür Güler ozgur_guler at gmx.at
Thu Mar 8 14:06:05 EST 2012

Hi Ashwath,

following steps are involved into object overlay into a scene:

1. detect object on video frame
2. detect correspondent points between detected object and real object.
3. calculate using corresponding points on real object and imaged
object, camera intrinsic parameters, camera distortion coefficients
the pose of the object.

You can do that using ITK and VTK but be aware that you have to build
80 % from scratch.

I would recommend you to use OpenCV for this purpose. The IGSTK video
component implements a web cam video imager using OpneCV. I.e. eather
you ask for new video frames each time the imager has captured a new
videoframe or you modify the igstkWebcamWinVideoImager class to access
the videoframes directly.

Hope this helps,
Özgür

2012/3/8 Ashwath Hegde, ERS-HCLTech <Ashwathh at hcl.com>:
> Hi all,
>

> I have developed a GUI app in QT.I have a live video running showing a
> moving object.
>
> I want to keep a marker on this object and track the object as it is moving
> using ITK/VTK classes.
>
> Is it possible to do that using VTK/ITK classes?
>

> Please reply.
>

> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Ashwath.
>

> ________________________________
> ::DISCLAIMER::

> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
> the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail
> is strictly prohibited. If you have
> immediately. Before opening any mail and

Dr. Dipl.-Ing. Özgür Güler, Bakk. techn. PhD
Research Assistant
4D-Visualization Laboratory
Univ. ENT Clinic
Innsbruck Medical University
Anichstr. 35, A-6020 Innsbruck, Austria

tel.: +43 512 504 23428, fax.: +43 512 504 25231

voxelmaster.eu
www.gueler.at