[IGSTK-Users] Crosshair and image reslice issue

Vincent Gratsac vincent.gratsac.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 06:58:30 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some display problems with
igstk::CrossHairRepresentation and image reslicing in my application. I
also get this issue when using IGSTK examples.
For example, let's compare Navigator and NeedleBiopsy demo applications :

NeedleBiopsy examle doesn't use crosshair and image representations are
well displayed in the 3D view; Navigator example displays crosshairs in
2D and 3D views, and these crosshairs have an unexpected effect on image
slice
representations in 3D views.

Each slice seems to "move" relatively to other slices, when moving
camera position. This has an important impact on visualization consistency.
Some screenshots are attached to illustrate the issue : the yellow
crosshair did not move on each screenshot, but image slices are
displayed sometimes on one side of the crosshair and sometimes on the
other side of it.
Some red circles underline this effect.

The problem still exists if we remove CrossHairRepresentation from 3D
view. It disappears when no crosshair is displayed at all.
I reproduced the issue with IGSTK 4.2 and IGSTK 4.4.

I noticed that IGSTK developers are currently working on a new
ImageSliceRepresentation class. Does it resolve this issue ?
Is there a way to display crosshairs on 2D views without encountering
this major bug on the 3D view?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,

Vincent