[IGSTK-Users] PolarisTrackerExample Linking Error

Patrick Cheng patrick.p.cheng at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:58:25 EDT 2011

Jiwon

24601373203.280037  :    (WARNING) NDI Error 0x08: Invalid port handle selected

it looks like tracker tool setup probably has some problem. Can you
send me the code for that part?

Patrick

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Jiwon Jamie Ryu
<jjamieryu at melab.snu.ac.kr>wrote:

> Hello...
>
> Thank you Patrick for the help.
> Including ITK and IGSTK made it work.
>
> I finally got the polaris tracker to work. It does initialize and get the
> correct rom file.
> However, when I track the tracker tool, I get position of (0,0,0).
>
> What I want to do is I want to get 2 tracker tool positions and transform
> them to another coordinate space which may already be defined.
> To do this, I need to get positions of tracker tools.
>
> It seems that transform.IsValidNow() is false, so that the code does not go
> into this loop.
>
>  tracker->RequestStartTracking();
>
>   igstk::PulseGenerator::CheckTimeouts();
>   coordSystemAObserver2->Clear();
>   trackerTool2->RequestGetTransformToParent();
>   //trackerTool2->RequestComputeTransformTo( referenceTool );
>   // trackerTool2->ObserveTransformEventsFrom( trackerTool2 );
>   if (coordSystemAObserver2->GotTransform())
>   {
>    transform = coordSystemAObserver2->GetTransform();
>    if ( transform.IsValidNow() )
>    {
>      position = transform.GetTranslation();
> ...}}
>
> I am working on this for so long, but I can't figure it out.
> I am attaching my logfile just in case.
> Please help.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Jamie.
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Patrick Cheng <patrick.p.cheng at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Jiwon Jamie Ryu,
>>
>> Try to include this in your CMakeLists.txt
>>
>>  FIND_PACKAGE (ITK)
>> IF (ITK_FOUND)
>>   INCLUDE (${ITK_USE_FILE})
>> ELSE (ITK_FOUND)
>>   MESSAGE (FATAL_ERROR "Need ITK.")
>> ENDIF (ITK_FOUND)
>>

>> Patrick
>>
>>   On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Jiwon Jamie Ryu <
>> jjamieryu at melab.snu.ac.kr> wrote:
>>
>>>   Hi all.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to set up a new solution regarding Polaris tracker, and I'm
>>> trying to use the functions that are in PolarisTracker.cxx in IGSTKSandbox
>>> example.
>>> So I start up with writing CMakeLists.txt shown as below.
>>> Then, I used Cmake to configure and generate a solution.  (Code added is
>>> the ones that I have written for other program and I'm trying to combine
>>> everything that I've got.)
>>> But when I compile the solution, I keep getting about 400 errors as:
>>>

>>> 1>IGSTKSandbox.lib(igstkTracker.obj) : error LNK2001:
>>> "__declspec(dllimport) public: unsigned long __thiscall
>>> itk::Object::AddObserver(class itk::EventObject const &,class itk::Command
>>> *)" (__imp_?AddObserver at Object@itk@@QAEKABVEventObject at 2@PAVCommand at 2@@Z)
>>>
>>> 1>IGSTKSandbox.lib(igstkTrackerTool.obj) : error LNK2001:
>>> "__declspec(dllimport) public: unsigned long __thiscall
>>> itk::Object::AddObserver(class itk::EventObject const &,class itk::Command
>>> *)" (__imp_?AddObserver at Object@itk@@QAEKABVEventObject at 2@PAVCommand at 2@@Z)
>>>
>>> 1>IGSTKSandbox.lib(igstkCoordinateSystemDelegator.obj) : error LNK2001:
>>> "__declspec(dllimport) public: unsigned long __thiscall
>>> itk::Object::AddObserver(class itk::EventObject const &,class itk::Command
>>> *)" (__imp_?AddObserver at Object@itk@@QAEKABVEventObject at 2@PAVCommand at 2@@Z)
>>>

>>> I'm thinking it relates to IGSTKSandbox Linking problem, but I don't know
>>> what.
>>> Please help me out.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Jamie.
>>> INCLUDE (${IGSTK_USE_FILE} )
>>> ELSE (IGSTK_USE_FILE)
>>> MESSAGE( FATAL_ERROR "This application requires IGSTK. One of these
>>> components is missing. Please verify configuration")
>>> ENDIF (IGSTK_USE_FILE)
>>>

>>> INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
>>>   ${IGSTKSandbox_SOURCE_DIR}/IGSTK/Source
>>>   ${IGSTKSandbox_SOURCE_DIR}/Source