[IGSTK-Users] Question about the tracker coordinate transformations

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Jul 26 15:11:47 EDT 2010

Hi Shuiling,

If you do need to get the Tref and Traw. Here is the method you should
be using:

refTool->RequestGetTransformToParent();
tool->->RequestGetTransformToParent();

or you can use explicit method:

refTool->RequestComputeTransformTo( tracker );
tool->RequestComputeTransformTo( tracker );

You need to setup an observer to receive the transform.

Here is some sample code:

// Connect observer
typedef igstk::TransformObserver ObserverType;
ObserverType::Pointer transformObserver = ObserverType::New();
transformObserver->ObserveTransformEventsFrom( m_ActiveTool );
transformObserver->Clear();

// Request for transform
m_ActiveTool->RequestComputeTransformTo( m_WorldReference );
// Check the recipient
if ( transformObserver->GotTransform() )
{
  // Retreive the transform
  igstk::Transform transform = transformObserver->GetTransform() ;
}

Patrick