[IGSTK-Users] Help!

zhang xiaodong zxdflyer at 163.com
Wed Jul 14 21:50:53 EDT 2010

I have updated the igstk version. However it still did not work. So I tested the wired tools. The same error messages are appeared as the wireless tool: “Failed to connect tool to tracker.”; “Could not initialize tracker device.”  And the LEDs on the wired tool never light on. But when I use the "NDI Tool Tracker" software to test the Polaris Hybrid device, it captured the tracker tools (wired and wireless tool) and worked well. So It seems that error with my configuration file.

The configuration file is as follows:

<tracking_system type = "polaris hybrid">
    <refresh_rate> 30 </refresh_rate>
    <serial_communication>
      <com_port>2</com_port>
      <baud_rate>115200</baud_rate>
      <data_bits>8</data_bits>
      <parity>N</parity>
      <stop_bits>1</stop_bits>
      <hand_shake>0</hand_shake>
    <serial_communication>

    <tool usage="reference">
      <name>reference</name>
      <srom_file>D:/toolkit/Navigator/8700339.rom</srom_file>
    </tool>
    <tool usage="tool">
      <name>tool</name>
      <srom_file>D:/toolkit/Navigator/8700340.rom</srom_file>
<calibration_file>D:/toolkit/Navigator/Vicra-calibration.xml</calibration_file>
    </tool>

</tracking_system>

Do I need provide the ROM file for the wired tool? I am confused that if the igstk has other bugs or I used the NDI Polaris Hybrid device in a wrong way. Could you give me any advice?