[IGSTK-Users] ImageSpatialObject class and associated ITK and VTK classes

Tim Plummer plummer.junk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:25:04 EST 2010

Hi All,

Can someone help me understand an issue that I have been running into
with classes that use a ImageSpatialObject as a BoundingBoxProvider?
Mainly I am looking at the Reslicer casses and the CrossHair classes.
For some DICOM image sets, the Reslicer and CrossHairs display fine,
but with other sets they do not.

One thing I have found is that the bounds that are gotten by using a
BoundingBoxObserver are different from the bounds reported by the
vtkImageData.  Should these not be the same?

Are there any DICOM requirements regarding the transform of the image?
 It seems that the IGSTK example sets have no rotation.  Can anyone
confirm that the tests and examples work when a dataset is loaded that
is rotated?

Thanks,
Tim