[IGSTK-Users] Problem on IGSTK polaris system

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu May 14 23:40:47 EDT 2009

Hi Aize Cao,

It seems like the serial communication failed to open the port.

Make sure you set correct serial port number using this command:
serialComm->SetPortNumber(igstk::SerialCommunication::PortNumber3);

Since you are using a windows machine, by default,
igstk::SerialCommunication::PortNumber0 equals to COM1
and
igstk::SerialCommunication::PortNumber3 equals to COM4

If you have installed the serial-to-usb driver successfully, you should
be able to see which COM port your Polaris Spectra is being connected to
in your "Device Manager"

Let me know if this solves your problem,

Thank you,

Patrick