[IGSTK-Users] change luminosity and modify threshold in dicom images

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Fri May 8 12:18:07 EDT 2009

Hi Luca,

The DICOM image pixel is a single scalar value, it doesn't have a alpha
value.

The best way to do that is to do a preprocessing of the image data,
using a threshold to determine the alpha value of each pixel. And after
that you can just use the vtkImageMapToColors and turn the map alpha to
output on. You will be able to make the background transparent.

You can look into the ImageResliceObjectRepresentation to see how IGSTK
works with those vtk filters.

Thank you,

Patrick