[IGSTK-Users] Dental IGTSK

Kevin Cleary cleary at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Jul 16 08:54:51 EDT 2009

Hi Mohammed

This is a very interesting idea and I agree that dental implants is a high
volume clinical application. It has not been on our agenda as we have been
focused on interventional radiology, neurosurgery, and other surgical
applications. But I do know that Tim Lueth and his group in Germany did a
lot of work on this topic and may have commercialized some of their work, so
an open source alternative would make sense.

I am the principal investigator for this project and we would be happy to
advise you on using IGSTK for this application, but we cannot do any
development work for you. If it would be useful, I would be happy to arrange
a teleconference with you and some of our developers to discuss further. If
this of interest let me know and we will set something up for next week. It
is very gratifying to us to see people from all over the world trying the
software and this is one of the great benefits of open source, in that
hopefully we can continue to build a community of interested users to share
and contribute to the software.

Best regards

Kevin Cleary

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                       Work phone: 202-687-8253
Professor                                 Work fax: 202-784-3479
Director                                  Pager: 202-405-2367
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology
Georgetown University Medical Center      Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603          Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                     Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center: www.isis.georgetown.edu
Email: cleary at georgetown.edu