[IGSTK-Users] PivotCalibrationFLTKWidgetExample

sebastian ordas sebastian.ordas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:06:22 EDT 2008

Hi Ziv,

I have just uploaded the "PivotCalibrationFLTKWidgetExampleWithFOB" example
to the sandbox.

I also made some minor changes in igstkPivotCalibrationNew and
igstkPivotCalibrationFLTKWidget

Whenever you find some time please try it with your FOB. In my experience,
the numbers I get are not repetible.

btw, which would be an acceptable error value for the calibration?

Changing the GUI is essential so that it displays appropriate settings for
> each tracking system. Right now the display is appropriate only for the
> polaris, you only get to choose tool port (physical port on the control
> box). For Aurora you should also allow choice of channel, 0 or 1 (a splitter
> connected to the port on the control box allows you to have two 5D tools on
> the same port). For the micron tracker there is no concept of port or
> channel. For FOB I believe you can have multiple tools on the same physical
> port (Ascension claims 3 tools on the same physical port for their
> 3DGuidance system - haven't actually seen this type of splitter).

I see. This will take some more time.

> Finally, the general idea for the calibration framework can be found here:
>
> http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/images/8/8f/IGSTK_Strategic_Planning_2008_-ZivYaniv.ppt

good.

regards,
sebastian