[IGSTK-Developers] Problem with using Navigator Example

Kahei Lok lokkahei.uniyccc4 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 01:08:46 EST 2014

Dear IGSTK,

I have some problem when using the example Navigator. I am using Polaris
Vicra and I have changed the vicraConfiguration.xml. The rom file is
provided by NDI. The software shows that it only tracks the reference but
the tool is still off, that is not tracking. Do I miss some steps so that
tool is not tracking. I know the calibration file is optional, so I delete
the calibration file in .xml file. Will it affect the software?

I have tried for some days. I appreciate with any kind of help. Thank You.

Attached with the changed vicraConfiguration.xml

*************vicraConfiguration.xml*******************
-<tracking_system type="polaris vicra">

<refresh_rate> 20 </refresh_rate>

-<serial_communication>

<com_port>3</com_port>

<baud_rate>115200</baud_rate>

<data_bits>8</data_bits>

<parity>N</parity>

<stop_bits>1</stop_bits>

<hand_shake>0</hand_shake>

</serial_communication>

-<tool usage="reference">

<name> reference frame </name>

<srom_file>D:/LOK_KA_HEI_BME_FYP/Navigation/Hardware/Reflective_Marker/Tool_Definition_Files/8700338.rom</srom_file>

</tool>

-<tool>

<name> needle </name>

<srom_file>D:/LOK_KA_HEI_BME_FYP/Navigation/Hardware/Reflective_Marker/Tool_Definition_Files/8700340.rom</srom_file>

</tool>

</tracking_system>

Best Regards,
Jason