[IGSTK-Developers] IGSTK proposals for DICOM Working Group 24 (Julien can you help?)

Kevin Cleary cleary at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Feb 18 21:49:13 EST 2008

Hi all:

As I think I have mentioned before, there will be a DICOM WG24 (DICOM in
surgery) meeting here on Wednesday in San Diego. This working group is
chaired by Heinz Lemke and is charted to develop new DICOM objects relevant
to image-guided surgery.

Heinz has invited me to propose some concepts from IGSTK for consideration
as potential standards by the committee. After some discussion, I will
propose:

.         openIGTlink (Patrick will help here)

.         our standards for coordinate systems representation (Frank will
help here)

.         geometric objects (need Julien's input here)

For geometric objects, Heinz would like a standard way to represent tubes,
cylinders, etc and liked the sections in the IGT book covering spatial
objects for these. Therefore, if Julien/Stephen/others are in agreement, I
would like to propose this, and will communicate with Julien about what this
means and to get a few (3/4) Powerpoint slides from him if possible.

Note this that is not binding and just a proposal to the working group. I
will give more details at our planning meeting next week but this is the
current status. I don't think it can hurt us to be involved in this and if
it turns out to be too much work or is not going anywhere, we can pull out.

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                       Work phone: 202-687-8253

Associate Professor                       Work fax: 202-784-3479

Acting Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center

Department of Radiology                   Pager: 202-901-2033

Georgetown University Medical Center      Cell phone: 202-294-3409

2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603          Home phone: 301-299-0788

Washington, DC, 20007                     Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu

Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu

WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org

Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu