[IGSTK-Developers] Calibration chapter

Kevin Gary kgary at asu.edu
Fri Jan 26 23:28:47 EST 2007

Apologies for the random fire if you are not involved in the Calibration
chapter of the book. I'm not exactly sure who is, and I do not have
James' email...

I checked in a revised version. It seems to be lacking a description of
two things - igstkLandmarkUltrasoundCalibration and a general
ToolCalibrationReader discussion.

I know the Landmark calibration is in the sandbox, but the Pivot and
PrincipleAxis are described, while this one is not, even though all 3
are summarized at the beginning of the chapter.

The reader discussion only describes the PivotCalibrationReader, and
not the parent ToolCalibrationReader, nor XMLToolCalibrationReader,
or some of the other associated class structures I see in the header
files. Perhaps the main thing though, is why do we have one derived
class for pivot calibration and not one for PrincipleAxis or
Landmark?

At this late a point I didn't want to start adding content for these,
especially because I may be way off here in my understanding!

Thanks,
K2

--
===