[IGSTK-Developers] FLTK

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Fri Jan 12 10:55:36 EST 2007

David,

> It should be possible to have a simple View class that only uses the
> vtkRenderWindow, so that people who download IGSTK can try it out even
> if they don't have FLTK or QT.

This is a good suggestion. And this is something we can do as part of
the rearchitecting effort of the View classes.
Currently, GUI interaction and rendering of of surgical scenes are both
handled by the View classes. If we decouple
these two functionalities, then simple applications can be build without
a need for a GUI toolkit.

-Andinet