[IGSTK-Developers] comments from Noby Hata at Brigham and Women's re IGSTK and Slicer

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Thu Jan 4 06:25:54 EST 2007

Good morning everyone:

In preparation for the meeting today, Noby Hata sent the email below to the
developer's list. It may have bounced back, so I am forwarding it here. It
has some very interesting comments about possibly combining IGSTK and Slicer
and we should discuss this during the meeting today at an appropriate time.

Kevin

----------------------------------- message from Noby is below
------------------

Hello

In the meeting tomorrow, I have a set of specific questions I would like to
discuss with the core developers of IGSTK.

Let me know if you have time to discuss this (-> Kevin)

1) Possibility of putting IGSTK first in build tree of Slicer 3. See or Try
http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/

Slicer3:Build_Instructions. Ease of separing FLTK.

2) Difference/similarity of state machine mechanism implemented in
EMSegmentor of Slicer 3, and IGSTK. If it is similar, it is good.

3) Tracker library. Specifically weakness/strength against opentracker
library.

4) How we can commit our registration algorithm, for instance unscented
Kalman filter-based point-to-point registration (fine tuning after ICP).

I am asking this question with an interest to shift our focus from SIGN
(www.ncigt.org) to Slicer+IGSTK in Brigham.

Looking forward to discussing with all of you.

Nobuhiko Hata, Ph.D.

National Center for Image Guided Therapy Radiology, Brigham and Women's
Hospital Harvard Medical School