[IGSTK-Developers] tracking and video

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 5 20:32:21 EST 2007

Hi Ziv,

The GPL license is not compatible with the
BSD-like license used by ITK, VTK and IGSTK.

We should not distribute any GPL software
along with IGSTK, nor copy/paste code from
any software distributed under the terms of
the GPL license.

If you find ARToolkit to be very useful, what
we can do is to set up IGSTK in such a way
that it will be easy for users to combine
IGSTK with ARToolkit, but requesting them
to download ARToolkit independently, and to
assume the responsibility of dealing with
the GPL licensing issues.

Note that when you use a GPL software as part
of your application, then you application
*MUST* be distributed also under the terms
of the GPL license. This is independent of
whether your application is a commercial or
academic endeavor.

    Luis