[IGSTK-Developers] Re: PivotCalibration class

Ziv Yaniv zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Wed Dec 19 11:43:48 EST 2007

Andinet Enquobahrie wrote:
> Hi Ziv,
>

>> This brings up the question about saving tool calibration. As far as
>> I'm aware we never resolved this issue, sort of fell through the cracks.
>> During the discussions
>> (http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Minutes_062807) we
>> raised the issue that calibration is done beforehand. A natural way of
>> saving and loading it back is some serialization mechanism on the
>> trackertool side.
>>
>> Can you incorporate this type of mechanism into the tracker tool?
>>
> In the new API, the tracker tool can take a calibration transform.  The
> tracker
> class composes the calibration transform with the raw tansform for each
> tracker tool
> during the tracking cycle.
>
> -Andinet

Hi Andinet,

This wasn't my question. I know that the trackertool deals with the
calibration internally.

What I'm requesting is a mechanism to save a tracker tool to disk and
load it back from disk (the calibration data should be part of this
save/restore mechanism).

                      Ziv

--
Ziv Yaniv, PhD., Research Assistant Professor
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center

Phone: +1-202-687-7286
Fax: +1-202-784-3479
email: zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
web: http://isiswiki.georgetown.edu/zivy/